You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever! ~ Psalm 30:11-12 (ESV)
There are days when my mourning seems too overwhelming to be thankful about anything. I'm having one of those weeks. I find though, that rather than focus on the sadness and the trials, my spirit is lifted when I focus on the things (no matter how simple) I can be thankful for. I miss my mother terribly..much more than I can possibly express to anyone who hasn't lost a parent....but sadness was never in her plans for me, as it's not in my plans for my children. So today, I'm thankful, even though it's hard.
1. I am thankful for a God who invites me to dance, and who provides the music entice me to join him.
2. I am thankful He chose to give me a mother who spent my youth encouraging me to trust Him.
3. I am thankful for Him allowing me to see my daughter overcome her fears, stand up in front of strangers and sing!
4. I am thankful He put encouraging women in my life who make me laugh when all I want to do is cry.
5. I am thankful for trial that push me closer to Him.
6. I am thankful for a husband that loves me in spite of all the "craziness" I seem to attract.
7. I am thankful for hugs from my children. I hope they never get "too big".
8. I am thankful for kitties who know just when I need a snuggle.
9. I am thankful for fuzzy socks that keep my cold toes warm.
10. I am thankful that God provides my needs, all of them, even the ones that seem "too small".