Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday- Eternally Saved




“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.” ~ John 3:16-17
(ESV - emphasis mine)

I can't even wrap my mind around the concept of eternal. Our minds are so conditioned to everything having and end that the idea of forever just boggles me. I do understand that if I have to be somewhere with no end, the I want it to be heaven and not hell... :) Which brings me to the next highlighted part of that text..SAVED BY HIM. Oh what a joy that puts into my soul!! What peace just washes over me. I didn't have to be good enough. I didn't have to make enough money. I didn't have to have perpetual good hair days...HE saved me! He loved me! He did what I know I could never do on my own, to provide me a future I can't even comprehend. Gotta love a God who knows what's best for me and offers it to me even before I know I need it.

No comments: