Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Faith Steps...

Hosted here this week.


"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
~Martin Luther King Jr.


Being a visual learner, stepping out in faith has always been a struggle for me. Even though I know in my heart that God has always provided everything I need, my head gets scared very easy when I can't "see" where everything is going.

Homeschooling is like this for me. I have three "wild cards" so to speak. I trust that they are learning and that God is helping me in all the areas I lack. I can see progress as we go, but not being able to "see" the finished product is a bit frightening.

Questions like "what if I forget something?"or "what if they forget everything I teach them?" plague me at times. Odds are, I probably will forget something, but it will be OK. I've forgotten things I learned in school..is all hope lost? No, I go look up what I need to know.

Its all going to work out because I do trust God. I step out of my fear into my faith in him. He holds my hand as I climb that staircase and I'm looking forward to seeing just what is at the top.

No comments: