Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

His Grace is Enough

This story was forwarded to me not too long ago. My friend was shocked (with good reason) to read of this man's deception. The more I think about the story, the more it occurs to me that this man is just that, a man. We have all sinned and none of us is worthy of Grace on our own, yet God offers it to us so freely.

I can't presume to say why this man would choose to deceive millions the way he has. Perhaps he thought that producing a "miracle" would inspire someone else to believe. Perhaps he shamelessly had a plan to make money off the pity of others. I can't say. I do know that miracles are possible. My son is one. He was dramatically healed. I do know that not every prayer is answered with a miracle. Or is it? After 25 years of pain my mother went home to be with her savior last March. Is that a miracle? Maybe not the one I was hoping for, but the fact that God loved her so much He saved her soul so she could live with Him eternally sounds pretty miraculous to me.

I don't know what God has in store for this preacher who has so publicly fallen. I do know God loves him very much and is waiting with forgiveness and mercy and grace to wrap him in and hold him close. The same love and grace He offers to me every time I fail. He makes all things beautiful. Every sin I allow Him to cover with that unending grace turns from something ugly, to something He uses for His glory. His Grace is ENOUGH and I thank Him for that.

No comments: