Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Abraham Lincoln

I'd like to share a quote that I think kind of sums up our mission as parents..

" A child is a person who is going to carry on what you have started. He is going to sit where you are sitting, and when you are don, attend to those things whoch you think are important. You may adopt all the policies you please, but how they are carried out depnds on him. He will assume control of your cities, states and nation. He is going to move in and take over your churches, schools, universities and corporations. All your books are going to be judged, praised or condemed by him. The fate of humanity is in his hands" Abraham Lincoln

Now, obviously I don't agree with the last line since I believe all destiny is controlled by God. I do agree with the general thought behind the statement in that if we do not take careful and deliberate care to teach our children we will reap what we sow.

Proverbs 11:18 The wicked man earns deceptive wages,
but he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.

Job 4: 8 As I have observed, those who plow evil
and those who sow trouble reap it.

No comments: