Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thankful Thursday




“The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.” ~ Psalm 28:7 (ESV)

Where do I have to go but to you? Who else hears me when I cry? David probably captures the despair of the human heart better than any other person out there. I find it so interesting that a man who sinned against God so many times is also referred to by God as the apple of His eye. Could it be that my heavenly Father feels the same way about me? That He would love me past my sins and failures and be my strength and my shield? That I can put the trust of my heart in Him and be helped? YES YES YES! He promised to love me just as much as David and He proves it to me daily.

Today I am thankful that no matter how far my pride takes me from His will, He's always right there waiting for me to cry out so He can come save me.

No comments: