Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday Seven 10/07/07


1. No more fevers in my home this week! Although I will admit it was nice to have Prince E silent for two days, its much more "fun" for everyone when he's not sick. Now where are my ear plugs? :)

2. God's abundant grace in my shortcomings...I find that no matter how far I think I've "come", I may never actually be "there". But is OK, because He's always right here with me. This week we worked on seeing people through His eyes. Have you ever noticed that the thing that annoys you most about someone, is the thing God is trying to fix in you?? Why is that? Surely He can't possibly be saying "I" am annoying?? Yeah, I get the point God.. :)

3. Family. Not just the casual thank you for my family, but really truly thank you for the blessings and the pain they bring me. I look at how rich and wonderful my life is and I can only say WOW. Without the family God put into my life i would be a mess. Well, MORE of a mess than I am now.. :)

4. Church. I belong to a new congregation of believers now. It's a new and exciting feeling to look forward to going to the church building and seeing the other people there. Not just looking forward to the music or he teaching (those are great and I still enjoy them) but, I actually look forward to seeing the people. That's a new thing for me and I have to admit, I like it. :)

5. Clearance sales. Probably not your average thing to be thankful for on a Sunday afternoon, but I can't help it. It puts a smile on my face to walk in and see sand box toys marked 75% off and be able to tell my kids, grab whatever you want. its the little things that make me happy...little price tags included. :)

6. Kids who want to learn things. Princess K is heading to the first competition rounds this coming weekend with the Robot team. (Link to right and story below) Its a busy time and keeps us beyond busy, but i love seeing her so excited about learning. :)

7. My Kitty. Princess Boots is not your normal kitty. She follows me and demands attention. She also puts up with my need to hug and baby talk her. It not every cat who shows up after your hysterectomy and hangs around to be your perpetual "baby". I think I need to sit in the rocker for a bit...here kitty, kitty.... :)

No comments: