Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What I learned today...

My children never cease to amaze me, and oddly enough, I learn from them more often than from a book. Today, I learned its OK to see the world diffrently. So what if the assignment doesn't match the work turned in? Isn't art suppose to be an individual thing? Is it really art if you do it exactly like the book tells you to?

When I think about it, homeschooling is quite an "out of the box" way of thinking to begin with. Should I be surprised when my lovely Princess A takes an assignment and tailors it to fit how she sees the world? No, I think I shouldn't. Independant thought is one of my ultimate goals here.

2 comments:

GymkataMom said...

My eldest prince tries to teach me that same lesson with nearly every writing assignment. He NEVER writes it the way I expect him to, the independent brat. :)

BTW, beautiful picture of your royal children.

Queenygirltara said...

Thank you. I was highly impressed that they were still, clean and smiling all at the same time. I must have been really good to deserve such a treat!