Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Its always the little things....

Sometimes we spend so much time and energy preparing for the big events and the big catastrophes, we forget that its the little things that seem to pack the most punch.

Like ants. I'm not fond of them. In fact, I'm less than not fond of them. On a scale of 1-10 my fondness for ants would be somewhere around a -7. I understand they are part of the food chain and necessary. They are not, however, necessary in my home. That's where they are today. They're in the kitchen, causing me to pull everything out of cabinets. They're in the bathroom, crawling all over the toothbrushes. They're in my bedroom crawling all over my jammies and underthings. I get the kitchen thing, there is food in there. I get the bathroom, there is water in there. But my pajamas?!?!? They are clean so there's no food or water to sustain them. I'm much, much larger than an ant so don't fit them. Perhaps they're jealous because I have lots of pink ones and they don't?

I find it odd that something as small as an ant can derail my entire day. Every time I got an area discovered and sprayed, then tried to sit down to start school with the kids, someone would find another trail. They weren't here yesterday, yet today they have completely taken up the better part of my day. Its almost 3 PM and we've only managed to do reading. Oh, and had a science lesson on mass extermination with a vengeance and why the Queen shouldn't be given a can of chemicals while she's angry... Will having them count all the little dead ant bodies suffice for math today? :0)

Well, I'm off to buy new toothbrushes, more soap to rewash all my jammies and just in case, another big black can of poison...

2 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

I pray that your ant problem has been resolved!!

queenygirltara said...

yep, I haven't seen any in the house for days! Thanks.