Deuteronomy 28:2 (King James Version)

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." This is my homeschooling blog. Some days my cup runnteh over with the joys of homeschoolong, some days it's spilling what can only be be described as thinly veiled insanity. Either way, it runneth over...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Where's the off switch??

I think one of my favorite things about homeschooling is seeing the "light come on" and watching the royal offspring get excited about learning...until around 9 PM that is. Why is it, that as my brain is beyond tired and just wants to go to bed, theirs seems to gear up with questions, ideas , inventions and a million other things? How insane does it make me look in their eyes to encourage free thought, looking up everything you want to know and solving all the world's problems with wacky inventions guaranteed to make our lives better all day long, only to beg them to be quiet and go to sleep as the sun goes down. After all, (and I quote) "IF God wanted us to go to bed at dark, why did he let us invent lights?" My answer of course, was "Lights were invented by Satan to give mom's more time everyday to work themselves into an early grave."

Some one find my Mommy owner's manual, I need to turn off the lights....

No comments: